Saturday, February 7, 2009

100 Things About Me

I have been told that in the blogging world, it is tradition to tell 100 things about yourself for your 100th post. Well, here it goes;



  1. I was born in New York City.



  2. I am the youngest of three children



  3. and the only girl.



  4. I attended 6 different elementary schools



  5. in three different states.



  6. I was terrified of the dark as a child



  7. and still don't like it very much.



  8. I had 13 cavities



  9. which were filled over 4 different appointments.



  10. I had an imaginary friend named Scooter.



  11. At the last elementary school I attended, I received a "Perfect Attendance" award.



  12. I started wearing glasses when I was 6 or 7.



  13. I read Lord of the Flies, Wuthering Heights and Call of the Wild in 3rd grade.



  14. Only one of those titles was required reading for school.



  15. I won a book writing contest when I was 11



  16. and the story and my picture were printed in the local paper.



  17. I took piano lessons for three years



  18. and can't play more than a scale today.



  19. I played the violin for six years.



  20. My favorite song to play was Pachelbel's Canon in D.



  21. On my fifteenth birthday I found out from a doctor that I was done growing.



  22. I was (and still am) 4ft. 10in.



  23. I played Varsity volleyball in high school.



  24. I played on my high school tennis team.



  25. I was one of the school paper editors in high school.



  26. I started wearing contacts at 16.



  27. I worked for the police department in the summer during high school.



  28. For my Sweet 16, I went to an amusement park with 3 friends.



  29. I shot a gun in a training room in the FBI building.



  30. I was in the high school play my junior year.



  31. I had a singing solo in the opening,



  32. which I froze up on during opening night



  33. but I did fine the next night.



  34. I had no problems with my monologue though.



  35. It helped that I took out my contacts so I couldn't see the audience.



  36. I received my driver's license when I was 17,



  37. but didn't get my first car until I was 24.



  38. I graduated high school with Honors



  39. and was initiated into the National Honor's Society.



  40. I had my tonsils removed when I was 19.



  41. I worked for Barnes and Noble at the time,



  42. where I became a department supervisor after only 3 months.



  43. I used to want to be a speech pathologist



  44. and attended a University right after high school to achieve this goal.



  45. I took classes for 3 semesters



  46. but never earned a degree.



  47. Then I decided I wanted to go to culinary school.



  48. I attended the New York Restaurant School,



  49. and am now a certified Pastry Chef.



  50. I worked with Pastry Chef Michel Floranc (who used to cater the Oscars)



  51. until I was hit by a car while crossing the street in 2003.



  52. I then began working for a real estate company



  53. as an administrative assistant.



  54. I later received my Realtor License



  55. but didn't use it much.



  56. I used to be obsessed with the PC game, The Sims



  57. and still play on the rare occasion.



  58. I made a major move in 2004 to get a fresh start.



  59. I immediately got a job with another real estate company



  60. but as a receptionist.



  61. I met my husband one month after my move.



  62. He was the mail man for the office where I worked.



  63. We were married 6 months after we met



  64. in a courthouse style wedding.



  65. We had our "real" wedding a couple years later



  66. at a local park



  67. where we released monarch butterflies at the end of our ceremony,



  68. which, at my request, was performed by my uncle, an ordained Pastor.



  69. My first child was born 5 days before my due date



  70. by emergency c-section.



  71. My daughter's middle name is my first name.



  72. I was depressed for over a month after her birth because of the c-section.



  73. However I NEVER doubted that she was the best thing to ever happen to me.



  74. I have always wanted to be a stay at home mom



  75. and was thrilled when my husband worked out the budget so I could.



  76. I feel it's my responsibility to make his check stretch as much as possible



  77. SO am always on the lookout for freebies and great sales.



  78. I religiously clip coupons to aid in this mission.



  79. I like to consider myself as thrifty instead of cheap.



  80. I once was stuck at the top of a roller coater for an hour and a half



  81. and received free passes to the park for 18 months as an apology.



  82. My second child took nearly 9 months to conceive.



  83. He arrived 4 days before my due date



  84. NOT by c-section. :)



  85. We gave him my husband's name for his middle name.



  86. I have been teaching myself to sew since late 2007



  87. and still have tons to learn.



  88. I first became interested in scrapbooking after my daughter was born,



  89. but rarely find time to do it these days.



  90. I am CPR certified



  91. as well as certified in pediatric first aid.



  92. I secretly want to live on a farm



  93. and raise chickens for eggs



  94. and grow vegetables.



  95. For now I am satisfied with my little garden bed



  96. and hope to learn enough to grow more in the future.



  97. I would like to have more children if we can handle it financially,



  98. but if not, I feel very blessed with the two I have now.



  99. I sometimes feel as though my life is really a dream,



  100. but then I just take a step back and thank the Lord that it's not.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Wow, there is a ton I never knew about you! Well written too!

Garden State Kate said...

I love these posts..Happy 100th!!