Just a few short days after my Aunt, Uncle and cousins left, my brother B arrived. I love when he visits. He is one of these glass-half-full guys and somehow forces you, without even trying, to see the good in everyone and everything. I don't know what it is exactly, but it seems I can never be in a foul mood around him. He actually tends to lift my spirits.
It was great to see him, I missed him and so did Gigi. It actually surprises me how she will sometimes ask about family members that don't live near us and tell me that she misses them. Lately it's been Pipa and Uncle.
Anyhow, this was B's first time meeting J. Last time he was here I was still pregnant. My bro is a complete natural with kids. He also works at the preschool the my Aunt directs. J seemed to bond quickly with his uncle and they had great fun playing together.
While he was here the annual "Strawberry Festival" began so we took him. It's just like a state fair, only with strawberries.
We let Gigi go on some rides. I went on a giant blow up slide with her, daddy went on a spinning ride with her
and then she went on one by herself.
Hubby and I even got a chance to go on the Ferris wheel together - just the two of us!
Gigi still wanted to go on rides after out tickets had run out. My clever brother spotted these chairs that are for massaging your feet. They only cost a quarter. He told her it was a cool hair ride. She actually bought it! she was cracking up -and so were we!
We ate some yummy, yet horribly unhealthy food. Gigi attempted to eat this corn dog that was almost as big as her. Of course, we had strawberry shortcake before we left.
Today my Bro had to leave. I was sad to see him go, but hopefully we will see him again soon!
Friday, February 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment