Well, at Karate class today, Gigi announced (TO her Sensei) that she didn't want to do Karate anymore. Sensei asked if she didn't want to do karate today, Gigi told her (without hesitation) "No, I don't want to do karate ever again!"
I'm pretty embarrassed over this. Mostly because Gigi could never seem to focus during class. A few days she did REALLY well. Most others she would run around and not listen to any instructions. I feel like her Sensei probably thought we had no control over her at all and let her run wild and do whatever she wants all the time. I assure you this is NOT the case.
Gigi is just VERY head strong.
If she gets it in her head that wants to or doesn't want to do something, it's very difficult to change her mind.
So, bottom line..we thanked Sensei Sara for everything she had taught Gigi up to this point. We told her that maybe we would try again next year when Gigi could follow instructions better. For now though, no more karate.
I think maybe she just didn't have much interest in karate. After all, she didn't ASK to go to karate lessons - we just brought her one day. Of course no parent wants to think of their child as a discipline problem, but that's not why I say this. What really makes me think she just doesn't have the interest is that when we left she kept letting us know,
"I still want to go to Tiny tots and dance, ok?" Numerous times!
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good for you, letting her give up the classes she isn't enjoying
or showing an interest in.
Post a Comment