Monday, February 2, 2009

Super Bowl Sunday

Yesterday was the Superbowl - congratulations Steelers!

The day started off like any other Sunday in our home, breakfast, newspaper, in pajamas till noon. Once we finally did get dressed, I decided I wanted to go for a bike ride. So, hubby stayed home with J and I took Gigi with me. She sat in the child seat attached to my bike. We took the trip down to our community park.

When we got there, we got off the bike and played for a while. I chased Gigi around a bit and we played tag, hide and go seek and tic tac toe. She is really starting to get the hang of that game.








Of course she just had to play with the leaves before we left!



When we got home, we continued playing in our own yard. We went on the swings. This was J's first time in an outdoor swing. He didn't seem too impressed.



Even when I swung with him he wasn't too thrilled. Oh well, I had fun!



Gigi played basketball for a little while and then just hung out with her daddy checking out the clouds over the lake.





As it got later in the day - and closer to Superbowl time - hubby made some ribs and chicken breast on the grill. I made a tomato and green bean salad. When Superbowl started we sat down and pigged out! We let Gigi stay up until half time so she could watch the "Monsters vs. Aliens" 3D trailer.

Now, I am not really a sports watcher, but i must say, this game was very interesting to watch and actually had me on the edge of my seat a few times!

When the Superbowl was done, I just had to stay up to watch the one hour special pf "The Office". After that I was BEAT, so I went to bed!

No comments: