We had some family from out of state visit this week. My Aunt, Uncle and 3 little cousins made the 20+ hour driving trip to see us for a couple of days. Well, I guess my cousins really are not sooo little anymore, but I still feel like they are. They are now 11, 8 and 6.
It's was nice to see them since it's been a while. Plus this was their first time meeting J. Gigi had a blast playing with the boys. They played on the swing set and chased each other around the yard. Good times!
Another great advantage was being able to talk to my Aunt in person about the things I want to teach Gigi and find out her opinion on what a 3 and a half year old should know by now.
My Aunt is a director, as well as a teacher, of this fantastic private Christian preschool. She gave me some wonderful ideas for centers and hands-on learning that I am sure I will use in the future. She pointed out some great resources for info including The Mailbox Magazine, which I will now be subscribing to, and this great website which I have visited in the past but never joined as a member. She assures me the yearly membership fee is very much worth every penny. So, I will be looking into that as well.
Unfortunately they could not stay very long, but it was fun while it lasted. I'll miss you guys!! Hopefully we will see you again soon!
Monday, February 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment