Well, my initial plan was to be back into a routine by February. Unfortuantely I don't see that happening - not consistently anyway.
Regardless, I am going to try to plan a few things for Gigi and I to do for the upcoming months.
Valentine's day is coming so there will be lots of crafting for that. I purchased a couple of kits on sale to do with her. Also, we had Valentine's pictures taken of the kids which we will be mailing out to relatives. Gigi will behelping with their cards. I'll share the pictures ON Valentine's or after because I don't want to spoil it for my family before they get their mail.
Since I want to grow some vegetables this year again, (I skipped last year since I was preggo) I thought we would talk about how plants grow. How to actually plant them. care for them and eventually enjoy your hard work with a tasty, healthy meal!
While talking about plants, I also plan to throw in a bit about trees. I got some seeds from Arborday.org that we will be planting (inside first, then transplanting) for some trees. We are members of Arborday.org and will also be receiving 10 (already started) trees from them which we will plant together.
I also plan to tie in some lessons on composting (which I hope to be able to do for the first time ever) which will also turn into talk about recycling in general.
This is a lot to cover and it is all related so it will probably take us clear until summer! I do want to try to get back into the math lessons from Abeka as well as work more on her phonics. That may have to wait until we get a little more organized though.
Friday, February 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh, I have some great book ideas for the garden theme, and trees...
I will make a list this weekend, and send them to you..if you want?
Oh, Kate! I would LOVE to have a list from you! You always do such great things with P!
Just discovered your blog through Kate's. You life reminds me a lot of our a mere two years ago. My daughter is 5 and my son is 2. I look forwrd to reading more of your blog. :)
Post a Comment