Monday, February 2, 2009

Happy Groundhog Day!

Well, according to Punxsutawney Phil we will be having 6 more weeks of winter. I know many of you are fed up with winter, but for us, it has actually been quite pleasant. The colder days are a welcomed change!

Gig and I read a couple of books about Groundhog's Day;
  • The Groundhog Day Book of Facts and Fun by Wendie Old
  • Groundhog Day! by Gail Gibbons


Then we went on the Internet and watched a video of this morning's ceremony in PA.

It was a bit long and I had to fast forward a little so I wouldn't completely lose Gigi's attention and interest.

After that Gigi did a couple of coloring pages.



We both made a pop out groundhog craft











And a Groundhog hat.






1 comment:

Garden State Kate said...

Ahhh, this is the first year we didn't do the pop-up groundhog..last year P said "again?" DH got home tonight,
and she complained that we didn't make one! lol