Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My Scholastic Books Arrived!

Today I received my shipment of Scholastic items that I had ordered on January 3rd. While I am very happy that I finally received them, I am equally as disappointed that several items were missing. Now, I understand that since these were dollar items, they have a limited quantity and once they sell out, they're gone. However, I would have expected an email notifying me that me order was going to change. Instead, they just shipped out whatever they had in stock. So, of the 18 items I originally ordered, 6 were missing.

Still, I am very excited about the books I DID get. Some of the books I am really happy about are:

  1. A desktop reference flip book - has the alphabet, numbers to 100, shapes, colors etc. Great for Gigi who sometimes has trouble remembering what a letter looks like when she is trying to write a word.
  2. Follow the Directions...and Learn
  3. Learn the Alphabet - Puppet Pals
  4. A to Z Letter Formation Practice Pages
  5. ABC Poem of the Week
  6. Irresistible Sound-Matching Sheets & Lessons That Build Phonemic Awareness

I am really looking forward to incorporating these into our daily lessons...that is, once we get back to actually HAVING daily lessons! We will get back there eventually. I believe my goal to get back on track with school was by mid-February. I'll have to start planning some things now.

1 comment:

Garden State Kate said...

I resisted the "need" to buy more.lol
I'm glad you got most of your order. Enjoy them!!