Friday, January 9, 2009

A Day of Outside Fun

I am a bit embarrassed to admit this, but we don't get out much around here during the day. When we are out, we are usually running to dance class, karate or the library or doing some random shopping. When we are home, we usually stay in our pajamas. Well, today was a beautiful day. It was bright and sunny but nice and cool also. The house was clean, the fridge and pantry stocked with groceries for he next week. So, I decided it was the perfect day to go outside and have some fun.

First we took out Gigi's new bike that she got for Christmas. She actually reaches the pedals on this one- it is the Radio Flyer Fold 2 Go trike. She had lots of fun and actually got up quite a bit of speed! I walked with J in the car seat stroller.



for some reason she just HAD to bring Amen with her. "Amen" is what she named her little Precious Moments doll that says a night time prayer.



Eventually I convinced her to let Amen ride in the basket on the back of the bike. After a while, I think Gigi's legs were getting tired because she started just sitting on the bike, not moving. She even stopped to check out some ants.



So, since it was still early I asked her if she wanted to go the park.

We loaded up in the car and went to the little park that is next to our community center. It's not a bad park, but I don't like that there is sand there for two reasons: 1. All that sand gets into your socks and shoes 2. There are usually loads of ants that have made their homes there. We don't go to this park very often because of the sand even though it is a quite two minute ride for us. Plus, there never really seems to be other kids for Gigi to play with there.

Gigi still had fun and was NOT happy when I told her it was time to go.



She did quite well climbing the ladders and stairs, which last time we were here she could not do at all.



She wanted to swing and at first was very adamant about not needing help to get onto the "big Kids" swing. This is her NOT needing help.



She eventually decided that she didn't want to be on the big kid swing. She wanted to go in the little swing and be pushed. I happily obliged.



J slept through the entire park adventure.



I was really glad I was able to get motivated enough to get out!