Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Greatest Show on Earth!

The circus is in town! Hubby took Gigi to see the Ringling Brothers Circus. I though it would be something nice for just the two of them to do, plus Gigi has never been to a circus before. J and I stayed home.




They went early so they could get up close to some of the animals and some of the performers. Gigi was pretty excited to see the elephants (or as she says - elphlants) since they are her favorite animal.





Hubby said she seemed pretty overwhelmed when they went inside to see the performers. There was probably too much going on for her. She gets easily distracted in those situations, making it hard for her to focus on any one thing so she usually kind of tunes out a little bit.

Still she was brave enough to shake this clown's hand. I would have been afraid - kind of scary if you ask me!


She even took a picture with this performer:



She thought the clown noses they were giving out were pretty funny and brought them home.



Once the show started, daddy spoiled his little girl and bought her things that mommy might have said "no" to. They ate popcorn and cotton candy - sometimes together!



Gigi even got a wizard's hat!



I was surprised to learn though that they actually left early! Apparently, it just didn't hold Gigi's attention the way I thought it would. Once she was done with all her treats, she kept asking to go home saying, "I'm done." Who would have thought a circus wouldn't be exciting enough for a kid?

No comments: