Thursday, October 2, 2008

Recap of the week; September 22-26

Okay, so I'm a bit behind on this recap - but hey, better late than never, right?

Anyway, during this week we left it pretty easy going. We had a lot of extra things going on hat we needed to prepare for or just be out of the house for, so homeschooling lessons got left in the dust. However, that doesn't mean there wasn't any learning going on - we all know that learning happens every day in even the smallest of ways!

So, to get to what we did do;

Since Monday was technically the first day of fall, I had Gigi help me decorate our school room with some fall pictures. I had some bulletin board cut-outs I had purchased last year from Scholastic. There are fall colored leaves, apples and fence with birds, squirrels and pumpkins on it. I had Gigi help me punch out the individual items from the large card stock sheets and then I let her choose where most of the items should be placed on our window. she had fun and kept telling me how cute the little squirrels were.



With fall here we actually had one morning where the weather was tolerable so we were able to get out side without feeling like we were melting! We took advantage and spent a few hours out. We drew in the driveway with chalk; Gigi even practiced writing her letter "A" and I must say, she did very well. I was impressed since she had nothing out there to look at and reference from.


When she grew bored of the chalk we went for a little bike ride - well, Gigi rode her bike. she understands the concept of how the bike works and know she has to pedal to get it to move, but the poor thing just isn't strong enough! She actually has to stand on the pedals so all her weight (all 22 pounds of her!) can push the bike forward. Of course that got old quick for her!




So, then we were off to our backyard. The poor backyard that is so awesome (in my opinion) but hardly ever gets used! She played on the swing set for a little and then "cooked" me lunch in the kitchen of her play house.



Another day was spent inside making gifts for Uncle who was scheduled to arrive on Saturday for a visit. Gigi was very excited about his visit! I had marked on our school calendar the day he was supposed to come, so just about every morning she would count how many days were left. It was very cute to see her anticipation over her uncle. Well, Gigi made a little picture frame out of Popsicle sticks that held a picture of her with her uncle that had been taken the last time he visited. she also made him a card and inside of it drew a picture of her uncle. The best part was she wrote "Uncle B." on the cover all by herself! I wrote it on our white board and she copied in onto her card. I thought it was pretty awesome.


The rest of the week was spent running around to dance class, Gigi's eye doctor appt, my prenatal appt, karate class and visiting a friend before her scheduled c-section.

So that was it! Not much, if anything, will get done the week of the 29th since my brother will be here all week so maybe we will be able to get back on track the following week!

I still have the same things that need to be covered that I had mentioned in last week's recap so we will just bump up those goals to the following week!

No comments: