I have just finished making a nursing cover for myself and a new cover for the boppy nursing pillow.
I have made quite a few nursing covers in the past, but I've either sold them to others or given them as gifts. This is the first one I've made for my own personal use. So, since I've done these before, it was actually a quick project which left me wondering why I put off for so long!
I decided to use a neutral fabric. I'm the type of person that feels the need to have things match and it would bother me if my nursing cover would clash with my clothing. Strange, I know - but that's me.
The color in the second picture is a bit washed out looking - I guess from the flash. The actual color is more like the first picture. Anyway, it's done and waiting to be used!
Oh and by the way, just for those who may be wondering - no, I am NOT ashamed of breastfeeding my child. I just possess a bit of modesty which makes we want to cover up my own body while nursing in public. That is the reason for the nursing cover.
As for the boppy cover, I have never made one of these before. I purchased a pattern from the fabric store to attempt this. The actual fabric I bought from Walmart at only $2.00 a yard.
I received the actual boppy pillow at my baby shower when I was pregnant with Gigi. It did have a cover, but it was very girly so I felt the need to make one that would be more appropriate for a boy.
When I went to buy the fabric, Gigi was with me and she decided she wanted new froggy pajamas. So, froggy fabric it was. I bought 2 yards and was able to make pajamas for Gigi and the new boppy cover.

The boppy cover actually was not a very difficult project - the most difficult part was actually sewing in he piping. I've never used piping before so it was interesting to say the least trying to figure out how to use it. There a few spots that are not perfect if you really look all around - but I'm still pleased with the outcome. It even has a Velcro closure in the back so I can easily take it off for washing.
I had pleny of fabric left over for Gigi's pajamas, which proved to be easier than anticipated as well. She likes them so I am happy!
Oh and in case anyone is wondering; I am self-taught. I kind of just figure things out as I go. So far it's working for me, though I am sure there are some things I do that are actually more difficult than what they need to be. But in the end, I get things made and that is a good feeling knowing that I have created something from just a piece of fabric. It fills me with lots of pride!
I had pleny of fabric left over for Gigi's pajamas, which proved to be easier than anticipated as well. She likes them so I am happy!
Oh and in case anyone is wondering; I am self-taught. I kind of just figure things out as I go. So far it's working for me, though I am sure there are some things I do that are actually more difficult than what they need to be. But in the end, I get things made and that is a good feeling knowing that I have created something from just a piece of fabric. It fills me with lots of pride!




3 comments:
Yes you brought tears to my eyes. You are a GREAT WIFE,MOTHER,DAUGHER,SISTER, AND FRIEND!!!!!!! You are so amazing and your mom is so proud of you. We need more people like you in this world. Wishing you and your family nothing but the best!!
With all our Love and Prayers,
Love
Grace and Carol
You are very talented! BTW, I LOVE my cover you made me. Just used it again tonight!
Great job!
I'm not good at that type of thing,
and people who are just amaze me!
Post a Comment