Friday, October 3, 2008

Disney on Ice

Last night we went to the opening night of "Disney on Ice" in our area. It was called "Mickey and Minnie's Magical Journey".

Gigi really had a blast! For about 10 minutes when we first arrived she was in a bit of daze. I think maybe she wasn't quite sure of what to make of everything. After all, this was the first time she was at such a large venue and also the first time she has ever seen ice skating in person. She sat on dad's lap and just kind of stared.

After a little while she slowly began clapping at certain parts of the Lion King segment. When the Little Mermaid came out she was off of dad's lap and leaning over seats in front if us to get a closer look. By the time Lilo and Stitch were on she was a dancing fool! She didn't stop after that! She kept pointing out the different characters she recognized and singing along to the songs she knew. She was dancing so much that other parents around us were watching her, laughing and commenting on how cute they thought she was. That's my girl - always stealing the show!

Unfortunately we didn't get any pictures. I didn't bring my camera at all because I thought you wouldn't be allowed to bring them in. When I saw camera flashes going off from all directions while the show was on, I regretted not bringing my camera. I especially regretted it once Gigi loosened up and started dancing. Lesson learned I guess.

Anyway, Gigi had a great time and even told me this morning that she dreamed about Mickey last night! :)

That makes it worth it! We'll always have our memories - and our ticket stubs - to remind us!

No comments: