Monday, July 27, 2009

Sleeping Update

Well, it's been quite an experience the last few night's, but I am pleased with the results.

The last two night's J has slept in his crib from about 7:40pm straight though until 6am!! I can't believe how quickly he adjusted to sleeping on his own! I am so proud...and so glad I didn't cave!

Now, just to clarify, when I say he slept through - that does not mean he never woke at all all night. Just that I didn't run into him every time he began to whimper like I normally do. Instead. when I heard him begin to stir, I set the timer for 5 minutes. If he was still crying when the timer went off, I planned on going in and just rubbing his back for a minute. Fortunately, he was able to soothe himself and settle back to sleep in less than a minute each time!

Now if he would only wake up happy everything would be perfect! The last two mornings, despite getting a good night's sleep, he has woken up screaming his head off. It would be great if I could walk inyo hisroom in the morning and just see his happy, smiling face. Oh well, for now I am grateful he is actually sleeing!

So, Saturday night was the first night that I never went back into hs room after putting him in bed. Last night was the second time. Let's hope this keeps up!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Woohoo, way to go J! Unfortunately my "J" isn't doing quite as well, but is making progress too. It's about time, huh?

I meant to say that I'm so jealous that (when you needed to) you were able to go into him and rub his back and stuff. Everytime I tried doing that Jason would get so upset that when I'd leave he'd start gagging. I learned it was better off to just let him cry, which sucked. Ugh.

Heather said...

Oh, how is J doing with his naps now? Jason still won't nap in his crib at all unless I would nurse him to sleep (which I'm not doing since I don't want him to associate nursing with sleep anymore). So he just doesn't nap, unless it's 5 minutes in the car. I'm getting a little sick of that. LOL.

Homemade Happenings said...

Ha! Naps are a different story! He does nap, but not in his crib. He always falls asleep in the car if we're out. If we're home, I put him in the stroller and rock him back and forth when he's tired and he will fall asleep. I'm okay with doing it that way, at least he is getting the sleep he needs. Plus he is doing so awesome at night, I'm not gooing to complain about naps! :)