Well, last night was quite exhausting!
I had to deal with getting BOTh of my kids to stay asleep! Although Gigi readily goes to sleep in her own bed, EVERY night she sneaks into our room and our bed. If her baby brother needs to learn to sleep by himslef all night long, she needs to do the same.
So, after J finally fell asleep at 8:35pm, he continued to sleep until 10:39pm. When he woke, I went into his room hugged (of course he was standing again), laid him down and rubbed his back a little and then left. By 10:42pm he was alseep again.
He woke for the second time at 12:34am and, again, returned to sleep fairly quickly at 12:40am.
I thought things were going great...until...he woke at 1:20am. He did not go back to sleep again until 2:30am - nearly an hour. During this hour, I ended up picking him up and nursing him - he really ate too, not just used me for comfort - then went back to the increased intervals for checking on him. I was so happy when that hour waas up and he was back asleep!!
From then, 2:30am, he slept through until 5:28am. At that point I was so exhausted that I picked him up and took him back to my bed. I just couldn't deal with it anymore!
Well, in between all of J's wakings - the times when he was actually sleeping - I could not sleep becasue Gigi kept waking!! She would wake it seemed seconds after J gave in to sleep. She would get up and cry that she wanted to sleep with me. By the time I would get her calmed down and back sleeping in her bed, I had about 10-15 minutes to rest my eyes before J was up again.
Oh what a night! As you can imagine, I'm pretty beat today!
Oh, and lucky me, I get to do all again tonight! Can't wait...ughh :(
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment