Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Learning to Sleep, Part 2

Both kids go through the same night time routine; dinner, bath, cuddle time and coloring, brush teeth, hugs and kisses, story, lights out. Difference is, after J's story, he usually falls asleep on my lap while nursing.

J is over 8 months now, we've tried once before to get him to sleep on his own with no great success. Well, we are trying again tonight.

We did our usual night time routine, except this time, after J had two stories read to him, I cuddled him a little more while rocking him. When he began to get drowsy, I placed him in his crib and left the room. That was at 7:40 pm.

I did the norm, one minute, check on him, 2 minutes - check on him, etc.

Well, it is now almost 8:30pm and he is still crying. I currently have about 2 minutes left on the timer before I need to go in again.

It really breaks my heart. Everytime I go in and put my arms around him (he is standing up in the crib) he immediately stops crying completely and closes his eyes and falls asleep. The second I release him and walk away he lets out an ear piercing cry.

My poor baby, don't worry it's probably harder on me than it is on you!

No comments: