Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Weight Loss Update

I've been meaning to post about this for a while now, but keep forgetting.

Between Weight Watchers and walking on he treadmill, I have successfully lost....

TWENTY POUNDS!!

Besides the fact that I am now healthier becasue of this, and I finally have a normal BMI again, the REALLY cool part is that I reached my initial goal that I set for myself at the beginning of the year!!

I'e learned, for the most part, what I can and can not get away with as far as my unhealthy eating habits. Which means, I DO still have the ocassional Big Mac from McDonald's. I still snack now and again on candy bars, popcorn, ice cream, chips etc. I just know when to stop now. Even with indulging myself, I have mangaed to maintain my weight, going up no more than a pound before bringin it back again.

So now, I'm thinking...maybe I should go for 10 more pounds????

For my height and age, I am now within a healthy weight range...however I am at the higher end of this range. I think I will feel better about myself if I bring my weight to the lower end of my healthy range.

Of course, this would mean becoming strict about my eating again...measuring portions, limiting snacks. And probably raising the incline/time I spend on the treadmill (I generally do about half hour on a 3 incline now).

I think I will enjoy my freedom of eating for a little while longer and then start to lose again :)

I do want to lose the extra 10 pounds BEFORE the holidays get here though...because I want to enjoy all that yummy holiday food!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Way to go Gineen! I'm so proud of you (and wish I could do it)!

Homemade Happenings said...

Thank You!! :)