I've been pretty busy lately. Want to know why?
Well, J has become an amazing sleeper, being put down at around 7:30pm and waking at around 6:30am. Yay!! On the other hand, Gigi is STILL sneaking into our bed in the middle of the night. I am going to start working on that soon, but I need some recovery time from sleep training J first :)
We've had a few fun days at the aquarium and library - I'll post more about that later.
Mostly what's been keeping me busy is my new little adventure.
A while back, more than a year ago now, I looked to Ebay to try to make a little pocket money for myself. I embellished burp cloths with cute fabrics, I created pacifier clips, covers for car seat straps and nursing covers. I sold quite a few and everyone who bought something from me always had positive things to say.
When I had my huge ol' belly (a.k.a. J), I stopped making and selling these items. I actually had several people email me asking when I would be posting new listings, but I was too tired to do any sewing.
Well, I ahve decided to strat back up again! Who couldn't use a little extra pocket money, right? Only this time, I am not going to list on Ebay - it's become FLOODED with similar items. Etsy, while a great site, is also overly-flooded with similar items.
Instead, I created a blog about my items and have begun advertising locally on Craigslist. Unfortunately, although I've had people look at the site, I haven't had anyone request to buy anything.
I'm not giving up on it though. After all, there was ZERO start up costs for me to do this. I have all the materials on hand already since I normally sew for my own children and Blogger and Craigslist are both free services. So, it does no harm to keep trying.
Anyhow, if you want to take look, the blog site is
http://www.babysewloved.blogspot.com
I'm contemplating doing a giveaway in the near future to try and spread the word, but haven't decided yet.
Here's keeping my fingers crossed!! :)
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
way to go Gineen! Good luck!
Post a Comment