Sunday, May 3, 2009

No More Cereal for Now

Now that J has tried different vegetable - to date he has had broccoli, spinach, green beans, peas, avocado, squash and sweet potato - he seems to have lost his love of the Cereal.

This is the face I get now when I try to feed him the cereal:









I have tried to mix it with a vegetable that he has tried and like (which, he has liked them all exept the spinach) with no luck. He just doesn't want it anymore.

I think I am going to back off the cereal for now then and maybe reintroduce it after he has tried some fruits that I can mix it with. Gigi used to love her cereal with applesauce.

Anyhow, ww will be skipping it for a little while.

1 comment:

TracyKM said...

You don't need to be giving cereal at all anyway :) It doesn't offer much nutrition, and it's pretty yucky. Many doctors don't recommend it anymore either; especially rice cereal. You can cook up oatmeal in the microwave (not the Quaker instant stuff!) for a nice breakfast, but if he's eating real food, just ditch the cereal (I used it to thicken foods I had made too runny for the babies, LOL)