Thursday, May 7, 2009

New Floors!

The front room (the room you walk into from the front door) in our house is intended to be a living room and dining room combo.

It was this for maybe the first 6 months we lived here. It has now transformed into half office, half school/play room. We have a family room and an eat-in-kitchen in the back of the house so this was just extra space in my opinion.

Well, the previous owners of this home had a dog - so between what was already left behind from the dog and the new marks left by our two cats and our then infant daughter - we eventually HAD to remove the carpet. It was so horrible, no amount of cleaning did anything. I was sick of looking at it. Unfortunately, we didn't have the money at the time to replace the floors. So instead, hubby ripped out the carpeting and we were left with plain old concrete. I didn't care! It was better than that nasty carpet! To make it a bit more livable, we stained the concrete. It was a quick fix that only cost about $40 total. It was also supposed to be temporary - just a couple months while we saved up the money to buy new flooring.





Well, a couple months turned into just over one and a half years!

Finally, we found a great sale on laminate floors a couple months ago - just $0.49/sf!! And FINALLY hubby got around to installing!

I was quite proud of him - it took him only 4 hours from start to finish! And it looks sooo much better than that bare concrete!









Another plus side of this is that I gave me a chance to reorganize and clean up. I re-arranged a few things in the school/play room and am liking the change. I'll make a separate post with hose pics though!

No comments: