This week Gig and I have been reading tons of Easter books, watching Easter movies and making Easter crafts. It's been a fun and full week - and we still have more to do before Sunday!
We made a basket using some yarn, white glue and a balloon.
It's not very sturdy, but it's a fun decoration for our table. It was really messy making it though so I didn't get any pics of the whole process.
It was fun though!
We also made an Easter egg garland. I cut the egg shapes using my fantastic Cricut machine. We then used a white crayon and drew designs on the white eggs. When we painted the eggs with watercolors, our designs "magically" appeared! Gigi thought this was "pretty cool".
I had ordered some foam character crafts from Oriental Trading when they got clearanced out last year and saved them - I only paid about $1 each package (and each craft usually brings a dozen). So I dug them out of the craft cabinet this week. We made some foam bunnies and foam chicks. Even daddy helped!
They come with suction cups and you're supposed to stick them to windows but I haven't figured out how exactly to do that just yet. I'll hang them up somehow.
We also made a little sign to hang on our front door. Gigi really impressed me with this one. She glued all the craft sticks together herself (it's supposed to be a fence). She colored the rabbit and glued on his eye and tail all by hereself and colored the eggs. I can't believe how great she is getting at coloring! I cut the rabbit out, wrote "Happy Easter" and attached the string to hang it.
We stil have other crafts planned but I don't know if we will get to them all.
Friday, April 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










1 comment:
Very Cute.
Post a Comment