Friday, April 10, 2009

The Garden's Growing!

My little garden is thriving!



Well, what's there anyway. I was able to start the tomatoes and the green beans inside and then transplant them, so they seem to be doing well.





I HAD started all my other seeds inside as well. Unfortunately they were completely neglected that weekend we decided to make a last minute trip to Miami. so, they never grew. And me, being as impatient as I am, when I transplanted the beans and tomatoes, I decided to sow the rest directly in the ground. Not so sure if that was such a great idea.

The watermelon plants have sprouted out of the dirt seemingly overnight (I should probably pull all those little weeds around them, huh?).



But I don't see anything else poking out just yet. I'll give them another week I guess. If I still see nothing, I still have seeds left so I will try to once again to start them inside. Fortunately we have a really loooong growing season here so we don't have as many time constraints as others.

I guess if all else fails, I should be happy if I at least get some tomatoes and green beans. We'll see - I'm keeping my fingers crossed for them!

No comments: