Our Thanksgiving was quiet and intimate, but so enjoyable. We started the day watching the Macy's Parade snuggled up under the covers in bed while perusing the newspaper ads for black Friday's sales. When the parade was over we all got up, washed up and got dressed. Then hubby and I started cooking. Gigi enjoyed smelling everything as we brought it to the table.
It was only the fours of us for dinner - Hubby, Gigi, Baby J and I - and my mother (Mima to Gigi).
My mom made her famous stuffing that I love so much. We both looked after the Turkey. I made mashed potatoes from scratch, corn, sweet potatoes and rolls. Hubby made green beans and an appetizer - his creation that has become a family favorite; pickles wrapped in ham with flavored cream cheese. Might not sound good- but it is!
The table was set with the crafts Gigi had done as decorations.
We said a prayer of thanks to the Lord and then chowed down on our feast!
It was the first time we sat Baby J in his high chair (Gigi's old high chair!). I love our high chair because it reclines and has straps so I felt comfortable putting him in. He was content for a little while, but eventually made it known that he wanted out.
Oh, and here are the kids wearing their shirts that we made. When I made J's shirt I forgot that his pants would be covering the bottom since it is a onesie so I had to pull his pants down for the pic!. Oh well!
It was laid back but just as meaningful as Thanksgiving's past - but without the stress! I truly enjoyed myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment