Saturday, November 15, 2008

Paper Plate Turkey

I'm slowly trying to get back to our routine here but it's a process. I'm not going to set myself up for failure by planning any full out lessons just yet. I've started by preparing some Thanksgiving crafts to do over the next two weeks. If that goes well, i plan on re-introducing our lessons one subject at a time.

My ultimate goal is to be back to our regular routine with full lessons by February. I'm hoping this is a realistic goal. Only time will tell.

In the meantime, Gigi and I have completed our first Thanksgiving craft. A paper plate turkey. This craft came from another of my favorite sites, www.dltk-kids.com

It was great to be able to do something with just Gigi. She had fun and was able to work on some great skills at the same time. When doing this craft she had to follow instructions, color, practice her scissor skills and paste. She did a good job!