Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Sleeping Bear Awakens...

Okay, so I know it has been over a YEAR since I have posted anything new on this blog. I have not been totally under a rock though. For the past year I was running my other blog where I was providing lots of product reviews and giveaways. It was loads of fun, but then reality set in and I realized I was spending WAY too much time on the internet. So I decided for the sake of my family (and my eyes) to back off.

So why then am I back on the computer, blogging again just somewhere else? Well, I will tell you this...do not expect to see daily or even weekly updates on what's going on in our home. I will definitely not be posting very often - just trying to be real here.

I just wanted to let everyone know that we are doing well and I do hope to get on here occasionally to update you on what we are doing.

So for a very quick, quick update here are just some of the things we have done over the past year:

We finally found, and bought, a new home. this house is literally double the square footage of our last home with two more bedrooms and one more bathroom than what we had. We also now have a pool and tons more storage space.

We are now in our second official year of homeschooling and I LOVE it!

Gigi is currently doing a basic Girl Scout mini camp over the Summer and we are hoping to get her into a troop in the Fall. She has had another birthday and is now six years old. Her last party was a mermaid/luau theme.

Gigi is scheduled to start Karate lessons (we are finally ready to give this a second chance) in August.

I am attempting to teach her some basics on the piano this year and she is still deciding if she wants to play soccer or t-ball this year for her outdoor sport.

She has finally learned to sleep all through the night in her own bed - seriously just about a month ago! So, as a reward we got her a "big girl" bed - a twin size!

behavior issues still arise on a daily basis, but we are much better at handling them now and can usually squash an outburst before it turns into a full on meltdown. She is still not medicated at all for her ADHD.

Gigi continues to need glasses and we are still patching her lazy eye. Her vision has greatly improved but we are still patching just to make sure she does not slip backward.

Little man celebrated his second birthday (an Elmo theme) last October. He has had a couple more seizures since I last wrote, but the neurologist says it is something he will eventually grow out of.

He continues to have some speech delays, but is getting better everyday. The comprehension is definitely there, so it is strictly an articulation delay. We have had his hearing tested extensively and the results were always great.

This year he will be participating more actively in our homeschool lessons where he will begin to learn his numbers, letters, shapes and colors.

He is very much a boy in many ways - loves to climb on everything, is quite rambunctious, and loves cars and trucks.

However he is also in touch with feminine side thanks to big sis. He has his own little boy baby doll that he cares for and he loves all the Disney Princesses.

Hubby and I are doing great. We are continually discovering ways to sneak in "grown-up time" and enjoy each others company. We are both happy that in our new home we each have our very own space separate from everything else in the house where we can pursue our own hobbies.

Hubby likes to paint and listen to his music in his man room as well as play with his various instruments. I have my own space in the guest room where I can sew, scrapbook and walk on my treadmill.

Well, that's a quick review of some of the important things going on.

As I said earlier, I will not be posting anything on a regular, scheduled basis, but I will be updating at least once a month.


I'm looking forward to sharing our homemade happenings with you again soon!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Glad to see an update!