So, she was all dressed up, hair and make up applied. Now all we had to do was wait.
I volunteered as a "backstage mom" so that I could be with Gigi. No other parents were allowed backstage. I was just not comfortable with that idea, so I volunteered to help. It really was not such a big deal. There was another mom with me and we only had to watch the 6 girls from our class.
The waiting seemed eternal for me, so I can't imagine how it felt for a four year old! Finally it was our turn! As I lead our class to the big stage and lined them up, I kept repeating my last words of advice to Gigi, praying she would actually follow some of what I was saying.
"Remember to watch Miss Rhonda, she will be standing on the side showing you what to do. Remember your spot is number 9, stay on your spot. Remember to wave good bye as you walk of stage..." Etc, etc.
Given Gigi's history with dance class, my stomach was doing flip-flops. I fear that my child would be the one to just run around in circles on the stage - or just make up her own dance completely - or just standing still not doing anything at all. All common performances of a 4 year old.
Boy, did I underestimate my girl! I was so impressed. She looked so beautiful! Now, she wasn't perfect, but for a 4 year old who spent most of the dance year getting yelled at and being put on the opposite side of the room away from the other kids because she could not listen, she did FANTASTIC!!
I was so proud of her!!
We won't have the video until late August to mid September, so I'll try to see if I can get it uploaded for you then!
Sunday, June 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment